Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

My adult married daughter wants to return to college to pursue

Customer Question

My adult married daughter wants to return to college to pursue another degree. If I give her money to pursue this, can it be a tax deduction for me as a charitable donation or in any other deductible way?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
ONLY the gift to qualified charitable organizations may be deducted for tax purposes.The gift for ANY specific person or a gift that benefits a specific person may not be deducted.So the gift you will make to your daughter is NOT deductible as charitable contribution..
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
However - under some circumstances - you might be able to claim your daughter as a dependent.If so - you will be able deduct her educational expenses.Questions?..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.