Experience:  dasdasd

Lev, I contacted Aarp on the matter we discussed and of

Customer Question

I contacted Aarp on the matter we discussed and of course they only can answer tax questions during the time frame of filing as they don't have access to my fathers files. Would it be in my best interests to contact the IRS to inquire mine & my fathers situation and ask what years they show he has not filed, then wait for Aarp next year at tax time to have these done, or should I go ahead and contact another tax association such as H&R block to do all this foot work and just pay them?
Category: Tax
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-8nme36c9- replied 5 months ago.
Hello,You can call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and ask which years are not filed. You would need Power of Attorney to ask about your Father. It is Form 2848. You would need to fax it to them while on the telephone. You could also fax it in while not on the telephone, but there is at least a 11 day wait for processing. It is best to file as soon as possible. There is a statue of limitations on refunds. Three years. Figure which years need to be done. Get them done asap. If AARP is not available, use a tax professional. Check out VITA in your area too. Good luck !
Thank you !