Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

HOW DO I FIND ABOUT TAXS FILED IN 2013

Customer Question

HOW DO I FIND ABOUT TAXS FILED IN 2013
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Karen. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What are you trying to find out? If you filed? Copy of your return? Your refund?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM SOME SAY I OWED 6900 TAXES IN 2013 BUT NI RECIVED MY RETURN AND HAVE NEVER RECIVED ANY THING FROM THE IRS AND ANYTHING SAYING MY TAX ES WERE WORNG OR THAT I OWED THAT AMOUNT
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Well, it could be a scam. IRS would not call you out of the blue telling you that you owe taxes. IRS always make first contact trough a letter, never send a e-mail or call directly to let you know you owe taxes. You can call IRS 800 -(###) ###-####and ask if somebody tried to reach you. You can also order transcript of your account to see if IRS made any adjustment to your return.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
IRS had been warning about phone and email scams for a while now. Here's IRS communique and what to do if you received a phone and believe it is a scam: https://www.irs.gov/uac/IRS-Urges-Public-to-Stay-Alert-for-Scam-Phone-Calls