Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant
17793914

I need my w2 JA: The Accountant will know how to

Customer Question

I need my w2 for 2014
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: i worked at Murphy NC store
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: name Herbert Clark SSN###-##-####
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 7 months ago.
The following link tells you how to get it:https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2561916-how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-w-2Try asking your employer or their payroll provider for a reissued statement if you need a replacement copy.If that doesn't work, you can order a copy of your 1978 (or later) W-2 from the Social Security Administration. They're free if you need them for a Social Security-related reason; otherwise it's $37 per W-2. See SSA FAQ 3836 for details.Wage and income transcripts are available from the IRS free of charge. They're not exactly copies of your W-2, but they contain everything on your W-2 except the state and local information. You can also order a full copy of your return from the IRS for $50, which will include your W-2, but it's cheaper to get it from the Social Security Administration.You probably do not want to use you ssn. This is public info.