Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I need to get a copy of the CP575 letter we would have

Customer Question

Hi. I need to get a copy of the CP575 letter we would have received from the IRS years ago. I am revalidating my Medicare provider status. They said I'll need to get a replacement, called CP 575 147C. How do I do that?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Our accountant will not know how to do this. It is something I need from IRS.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.
HelloAlthough the IRS cannot send you a copy of the original CP575, they will give you a verification of EIN that will suffice.Call the IRS business line at 1-***-***-**** on weekdays during normal business hours. The replacement will be accepted by Medicare.Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!