Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

I owen $4,004.00 on taxes I only make a year $26,000 this taxes

Customer Question

I owen $4,004.00 on taxes I only make a year $26,000 this taxes are from a retaiment money that I got but this retaiment money was suppost to be without penalties if I got it after 59.5 years old also I took Obama care from husky because every body at work or some people at work aply for it so I make the mistake to aplay for it now I have a bill that is going to put me in a harship because in the summer time I'm in layoff because I work wit the school buses i'm a driver for the school and they are in sumer time off.What can I do? Do I have a way to get help with this? I cann't give my retaiment money to the IRS because I got this money out to move I neet to find a place to move. I got the money out because I was planing to buy a house with my children but they said they did not want to get in a house now so I end up losssing what itwas supost to be my saving.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.
HelloThe tax amount can be paid over time by using an Installment Agreement. If you're financially unable to pay your tax debt immediately, you can make monthly payments through an installment agreement. If you did pay off the tax you would save money because you would not have interest applied.Based on your tax amount owed you can apply for an online payment agreement. Use the link above or Complete and mail Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I knew that . But i was looking to save my money because I don't think is fair. Thank you !
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.
If you want to save money then pay the tax in full.That is the only way you will save. If you mean to keep the distribution then set up the installment. There is no other way for you to work that out.