Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I mailed three previous years tax returns to the IRS because

Customer Question

I mailed three previous years tax returns to the IRS because I am due a refund for all three. I mailed them 6 weeks ago and they have no record of them. If they do not find them, April 15, 2016 was the deadline for the earliest year of 2012. Will I be able to re file? I forgot to make copies but I already received state refunds back and have that as proof that I filed. Thank You!!!
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
Here are two possible issues...1. your returns are still processing - and it could take some time. In this case your filing date is determined when your return was delivered to the IRS (and they stamped that date) - so you should be OK
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
2. your mailed package was lost and not delivered to the IRS. In this case you may send it again - but to retain the priority date - you would need to proof that package was sent. Without such proof - the statute of limitation will affect your 2012 tax return..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.