Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

I was told someone was seen or herd speaking of my w2 and that

Customer Question

I was told someone was seen or herd speaking of my w2 and that they had them and was going to try to get my refund...I can't find them so it is possable but I am not sure
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Is there a way to stop it or to find out if or who has filed them...I do not so they should not have been filed..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if this makes a difference but I received 2 notices in the mail denying my application for sprint service and I never did that... I didn't request it at all...
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If you suspect somebody is using your W2 to get your refund you must contact IRS immediately and request Identity protection pin. It is a 6 digit pin that will be renewed every year and will have to be included with all your tax returns. I would also suggest to check your credit report to make sure your identity wasn't already stolen.