Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I just read your answer; do I understand correctly that I do

Customer Question

I just read your answer; do I understand correctly that I do not need to register with the State of NC as a business, even though I do have a Schedule C on my 1040 which shows income of over $10,000 and I get a 1099-MISC. Thank you,
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.
Yes - that is correctunless your type of business activity requires a special License or Permit.See here State of North Carolina has no single generic business license that will ensure compliance with all requirements. Some businesses may be subject to several state requirements while others may not be subject to any. There are over 700 regulatory, state issued and occupational licenses and permits. In addition, a local license may be required for your business.If you are starting a business that may require an occupational license, please contact your board. Click here for a directory of all occupational boards in North Carolina and their contact information. .So there is NO requirement to have a specific registration, butbased on the type of your business activities - you MIGHT be required to have a License or Permit.
Expert:  Lev replied 5 months ago.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.