How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29535
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just read your answer; do I understand correctly that I do

Customer Question

I just read your answer; do I understand correctly that I do not need to register with the State of NC as a business, even though I do have a Schedule C on my 1040 which shows income of over $10,000 and I get a 1099-MISC. Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Yes - that is correctunless your type of business activity requires a special License or Permit.See here State of North Carolina has no single generic business license that will ensure compliance with all requirements. Some businesses may be subject to several state requirements while others may not be subject to any. There are over 700 regulatory, state issued and occupational licenses and permits. In addition, a local license may be required for your business.If you are starting a business that may require an occupational license, please contact your board. Click here for a directory of all occupational boards in North Carolina and their contact information. .So there is NO requirement to have a specific registration, butbased on the type of your business activities - you MIGHT be required to have a License or Permit.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.