Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

27 April 2016 06:53 Yes I do have another question. After I

Customer Question

27 April 2016 06:53
Yes I do have another question. After I filed my return for tax year 2014 I discovered an error so I filed an amended 1040X return on April 26th 2015 to correct the error. Well I have now found another error on my initial return which I did not correct when I filed the 1040X. Do I correct that error by filing another 1040X form against my original return with both errors corrected, or do I file another 1040X correcting the 1040X form in error?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
I will answer your question shortly when I get into the office.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
HelloWhen filing a second amended return the amounts for 1040X, Column A of the 2nd amended return should match the amounts of 1040X, Column C of the original 1040X.You must wait until the first 1040X is processed to amend again.
You should rate Robin D's answer if you are satisfied or ask any followup questions, us experts are not reimbursed for our time unless we get a rating from you the customer. The site will keep any funds you pay in and the expert will get nothing for their work. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that the expert will be compensated for their time by the site. As always, if you ever have any future legal questions on the site, you can request me by putting "For Christopher B, Esq. ONLY".
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded