emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

If I mailed a extension of time to file my taxes and the check

Customer Question

If I mailed a extension of time to file my taxes and the check bounced what can I do it was for 750.00 and I need to make check good
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Why the check bounced? Depending on the reason IRS clearinghouse may try again to clear it. If not, you will receive a notice from IRS that the check didn't go through. Than you can use different type of payment or send another check.
Here's how IRS handles bounced checks: Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.