Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
69500136

Pearl. JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please

Customer Question

Hi Pearl.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm wondering if the IRS will re-deposit my check a second time ?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I lost track and did not have enough funds to cov
er it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 11 months ago.
Sometimes they do run them twice, these payments are processed by a clearinghouse, and each clearinghouse has different rules ...some do run them twice and some do not. The IRS rule on this is that it is up to you to see if you want to wait to see if it is resubmitted or send in payment.My recommendation is that you wait. If the check is not resubmitted and is returned to the IRS, they will send you a letter saying that the check was not honored by your bank and give you options on how to pay it. They do charge a fee of 2% or $25 dollars, which ever is greater.
Expert:  Angie replied 11 months ago.
You can read the IRS dishonored check rules at this link:https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc206.html
Expert:  Angie replied 11 months ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.