emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

Do I have to report all earnings from sales on my state taxes

Customer Question

Do I have to report all earnings from sales on my state taxes even though not all sales were in my state of MN?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. If MN is your resident state than you will have to report all your income on your state return, regardless where the income originated. If you have to claim the income in another state as well, for instance you have a store in WI, you will get credit for taxes paid to WI. MN uses Federal taxable income as base income. It already includes all your sales.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.