Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience

Will I have to pay income taxes on addition of two

Customer Question

Will I have to pay income taxes on for the addition of two smaller pensions I've earned in addition to the Social Security I pay no tax on in Oregon when I retire?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. It depends on how much pension income you received, how much is your total social security income and your filing status. How much is "small" pension?
In order to answer your question I need to know little more about your income and filing status. To determine if you any of your pension is taxable you need to first determine how much, if any of your social security income is taxable. Than you need to look at filing filing threshold and based on your filing status determine if you are required to file or no. If you are not required to file, nothing is taxable. However if you are required to file, some of your pension may be taxable depending on your deductions.