emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

If my son claimed himself last year, and checked off no one

Customer Question

if my son claimed himself last year, and checked off no one else would claim him, can we amend that so I can claim him for last year. I would also have to amend my 2014 tax return.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, he can. There's no statute of limitation for amending a return. I would suggest to amend both and send it together to speed up the processing.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 5 months ago.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.