Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I filed already support kids. 12year old

Customer Question

i filed already for child support for my kids. 12year old and 10 year old. i went to a lawyer and they said i would have to do all the work for finding the information out.
he owns two bussiness (presintent of both and under his name) one i know on his personal taxes he files he make 2,000. his has a store and that what the store pays him a month.
the other one is rental house. hi put in a bussiness (incorporate). there r about 8 rentals they all pay cash to him for rent but i know he takes that and pays one his line of credit. i know the properties add up to 6,500 a month. i never seen the tax form filed for those two companies. just hie personal.my ? is how do i find information about the properties and need some guidances how to show his his more assets and makes more money.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
You will NOT be able to obtain his tax information - neither personal nor business.There is NO legal way to do that without the taxpayer himself.However - you may discuss that with the Judge - and the court may order him to provide all information.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok i uderstand that. i do not want to do anything illegal. my ?? is when i going for child support. i want information should i get to show that he is lying about what he makes. he has more then he is saying. so that way he has to show his really information. like get records of all the properties his has on file from the court house. the record department. i know how much he gets in rent. i can put that about the properties.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
If the court will request his personal and business tax returns from the IRS - there will be official information - mainly what he provided on tax returns.The judge may also request to provide rental contracts - to verify the information on tax returns - but most likely - you need to provide some proof that information on tax returns might be not correct - and that you need to discuss with your attorney.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
To proof that - you might use official government information about fair rental values in your ares - and is he reports much lower values - you might have a good case.See herehttps://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/fmr/fmrs/docsys.html?data=fmr16But again - all should be discussed with your attorney - to prepare some arguments..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.