Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

From 2014 return, IRS says I didn't state my social security

Customer Question

from 2014 return, IRS says I didn't state my social security income and now owe $933 for $6150 more.
I, of course, can't find my return. Do you keep a record somewhere?
Fran Block
869 Santa Barbara Rd
Berkeley, CA 94707
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
You may request your tax return transcript directly from the IRS.Let me know if you need instructions how to do that?
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Tax return and record of account transcripts are only available for the current tax year and three prior processing years.You must submit Form 4506T to request an account transcript for a tax year not available through get transcript by mail. you are unable to use Get Transcript by Mail, you may try our automated phone transcript service at _1_800_908_9946_ to receive your transcript by mail.Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery.If you need a copy of your return, you must use Form 4506, Request for Copy of Return. appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.