Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I filed my taxes electronically last year, I still have not

Customer Question

I filed my taxes electronically last year, I still have not received my refund and when I wrote to the IRS they told me I did not SIGN the form, that's nuts. I sent them a copy of my return and signed it. It took them a year to even answer me.
What can I do to get my refund ??
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.The IRS' explanation does not make any sense because when you file your tax return electronically, you electronically "sign" the return. My best advice is to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service in your area and have them intervene with the IRS on your behalf. The service is free.https://www.irs.gov/AdvocatePlease let me know if you require further information or clarification.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I called the IRS Hotline. Their answer was: we cannot give any information on this account.
What the heck...... if they cannot, then who can ????
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.
Did you call the Taxpayer Advocate or the IRS Hotline?Do you have a local IRS office close by that you can visit in person?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you receiving my e-mail ?I called both. Will check on an IRS office around here. What else can you recommend ?
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.
Who is telling you they cannot give any information--the IRS or Taxpayer Advocate or both?You can also contact a local CPA/Enrolled Agent in your area and have them get involved on your behalf. You will need to sign Form 2848 (Power of Attorney) to have them intervene.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to explain.... I take care of my paralyzed daughter and with the Drs' office visits, the wound care visits and nurses coming to the house, sometimes I just cannot get to the PC in a few days.
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.
I understand. Get back to me when you can.