Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant

I filed my 2015 taxes with Turbo Tax and sent my payment due

Customer Question

I filed my 2015 taxes with Turbo Tax and sent my payment due to US Treasury ($516.00) electronically. I gave my bank acct # ***** asked for it to be deducted on 4/10/2016. As of today, it still has not been taken out of my account. I want to be sure IRS has my payment. What should I do to check why this is so?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 6 months ago.
You can contact the irs to see if they got your payment. Here is some info:
You may also want to call the IRS. Here is their number and info from the website:Question: What should I do if I'm concerned because my check for payment to the IRS has not been cashed yet?Answer:You should check first with your financial institution to verify that your check has not cleared your account before you contact the IRS.If it has been at least two weeks since you sent your payment to the IRS and your financial institution verifies that the check has not cleared your account, you can call the IRS's toll-free number at(###) ###-####to ask if the payment has been credited to your account.If the payment has not been credited and your check has not cleared, you may choose to place a stop payment order on the original check and send another payment. In this case, the IRS does not charge a failure to pay penalty.