Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant

Here. I'm trying to file a 1040 and am

Customer Question

Hello. ***** ***** here. I'm trying to file a 1040 and am confused about NOL carryforward amount...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'll try since I'm confused myself!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2012 was a pretty bad year, we had 1099-A and 1099-C totaling losses of -$116,802 on line 14 of our 10402013 those losses carried over on line 14 at the maximum allowed -$25,0002014 the losses went to -$2,825,000 due to another 1099-C for commercials buildings that were foreclosed on2015 I'm being asked to give an explanation for the NOL carryforward amount... is what I've detailed above sufficient? or is there more they might be looking for??
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, how long with the loss carry over for? and, do I just keep providing the same explanation year after year?
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 6 months ago.
It can be carried forward 20 years. Her is some information: