Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
69500136

LA dept of Revenue just put a hold on my main bank account

Customer Question

LA dept of Revenue just put a hold on my main bank account for $9300 for back taxes owed. I guess I didn't see it coming. Knew I owed a few thousand and but must have overlooked the last few letters sent to me.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 7 months ago.
Are these taxes for State Income Tax, Payroll Tax, or Sales Taxes?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
State income taxes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Angie replied 7 months ago.
Your only course of action is to get the amount you owe them paid off. The lien will remain in effect until satisfactory arrangements or payment has been paid. Any money you deposit into this account is subject to be taken and applied to this liability. The first step is to fill out an R-19023 Fax that to the following number and then call them to discuss what you need to do to have access to your bak account again. It is possible that they will set up arrangements with you, however it depends on at what lengths they have gone to in order to collect on this. The fax number is (###) ###-####There is an option for a partial lien release... if you have other property they can attach a lien to. Call them at(###) ###-####as soon as possible to see if they will allow any work around on this. Sometimes, when they have taken this step, they will not, however, it is possible. But know that anything you have that is associated with your Social Security number is ***** to lien as well. (New bank accounts, personal and real property, etc.)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Angie replied 7 months ago.
you are welcome, If I can be of further help, let me know.
Expert:  Angie replied 7 months ago.
Please feel free to follow up and let me know how this is resolved.
Expert:  Angie replied 7 months ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.