Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Question . We have had an issue with our taxes in the

Customer Question

Question for Lev.
We have had an issue with our taxes in the past during the recession.
I had some a lot of back taxes that were due so I contracted with one of these Tax Teams from Florida. We started out with wanting to get a settlement with the IRS but ended up with "Non Collectable resolution is based on the current balances with the IRS". The problem with these firms are they sell it as a "Law Firm" but actually there are only a few lawyers on staff and I get to argue with customer service rep and individual case workers that are not lawyers.
How do I find a law firm that is really good at moving forward with an actual Settlement with the IRS thank you again for your help.
Richard Safford
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
You do not need an attorney to help with an OIC - offer in compromise.The best way is to work with a local CPA or qualified tax professional.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I find the Tax Professional, where is the best place to find the CPA or qualified tax professional for both federal and State tax.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
There is NO best place and there is NO best tax professional...Whether you need a tax professional - that is a first question.May be you may prepare all your tax documents on your own - and just have a local CPA verified your filing?As tax preparation might be time consuming - and you want to concentrate your attention on business operations - then you might want to hire someone.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
But again - that would be based on personal preferences.I personally would prefer a younger ambitious person, but you would need to verify some items by yourself - and not just sign your tax papers to blame someone later...Where to find ? - any directory, or phone book or a word of mouth....I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.