emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I e-filed a 1040 and Mailed my check and voucher. The e-file

Customer Question

I e-filed a 1040 and Mailed my check and voucher. The e-file was rejected because I declared my son as a dependent and he did not say so on his return. His return has been fixed today via 1040x and my form is now ok. Do I need to send a new check to IRS or will the voucher and check still work?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 9 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.DO NOT SEND another check because you will overpay your taxes. IRS will cash your original one and the second one and you will be waiting for month to get it back. Payments and returns are processed separately. Your payment will be applied, credited to your IRS account and when your return is processed, the credit will be used to cover your balance due. It will all balance out at the end.
I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.