PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I incorporated a delaware LLC via an agent 2 years ago there

Customer Question

I incorporated a delaware LLC via an agent 2 years ago there was difficulty keeping bank account opened as i am not a US resident.I Obtained EIN from IRS and so far i received only a check of $600 and was credited in my bank account and later bank closed that account . i never reported any income to IRS as company made no profit .i decided to let company go lapse. do i own IRS anything .Would i be charged taxes with penalty later ?
Category: Tax
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 7 months ago.
You do not owe IRS anything and you would not be charged penalties later since you do not owe anything. However, you must make sure to formally dissolve your LLC. Otherwise, you may owe taxes to the State of Delaware. For more information, click here. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.