Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

My sone passed away in July - how do I report his taxes, e

Customer Question

my sone passed away in July - how do I report his taxes, etc.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear of your loss; it's never easy;You would just file a final return for him to report the income from 1/1/2015 through his date of death.All of income income for items owned in his own name would be reported on a fiduciary return (Form 1041) from the say after his date of death through 12/31/2015. If that was less than $600. you can ignore it and no tax return would be required.I'm taking a break now but will be back in about an hour.
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in..................I see that you've had a chance to read my response, do you have any follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our share of any payment that you have already made.Thanks very much,Steve G.
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 11 months ago.