Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Lane, just following up on the tax article on reciprocal

Customer Question

Hi Lane, just following up on the tax article on reciprocal investments in IRA and Roth. You mentioned it might be in the Journal of Finance circa 1998 I think. I would very much appreciate getting the article for my records. Thanks
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 7 months ago.
Just can't seen to find anything... I went back through the J of A Archives... so very likely one of the professional mags or the other peer reviewed journals I read, or have had to read for continuing education, or my graduate degree or my law degree....But the answer I provided (just went back and looked at the previous question) was not based on someone's analysis of how this could work....The answer is based on the fact that what you do in one IRA (as long as permitted BY the custodian and NOT prohibited transactions) has NOTHING to do with what you do in a completely separate ownership entity (a different IRA or any other separate entity)....Each entity type, whether it be a trust, a non-profit entity, a corporation an IRA, or a qualified retirement plan - is a separate ownership,