Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I have no tax documation-- only live on fed retirement and

Customer Question

I have no tax documation-- only live on fed retirement and SS. what should I do?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 7 months ago.
What do you mean you have no documentation?You don't have your 1099-R for the federal retirement pension nor do you have the Annual Social Security statement of benefits received?If that's the problem you can go to IRS.gov and order a transcript of your account and that will give you all the information that the IRS has from third party reports.If you don't expect to owe any taxes, you can file for an automatic extension without paying anything, or you can go by last year's tax return to send in an estimated payment with your automatic extension.
Just checking in..................Do you have any follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our share of any payment that you have already made.Thanks very much,Steve G.