Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I have a quick question. I pay alimony to my ex. I currently

Customer Question

I have a quick question. I pay alimony to my ex. I currently live in the US and so does she. I am being transferred abroad, will I still be able to deduct the alimony from my US tax return
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I will have to file my US tax return even though I am living abroad. My question is whether or not the alimony paid to her will still be tax deductible on my US tax return
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 7 months ago.
Yes. The alimony will still be deductible.
Just checking in..................I see that you've had a chance to read my response, do you have any follow-up questions?If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our share of any payment that you have already made.Thanks very much,Steve G.