Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I have heard of a cash rebate program under Sec. 106, Sub clause

Customer Question

I have heard of a cash rebate program under Sec. 106, Sub clause (b). How do I avail myself of this program? The dead line to collect is 4/18.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.
HelloThe deadline is 4/18 because that is the due date of your federal return. This is not really a "rebate" is the option to either use your state taxes paid or SALES TAX when you complete your Schedule A and itemize your deductions instead of using the Standard Deduction.We have been allowed this for a few years now but it was finally made permanent, Before congress had to say OK every year if that was going to be allowed.If you want to use SALES TAX on your Schedule A then you do that instead of just listing your state taxes you paid or had withheld.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded