Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.

Im attempting to file my tax return and my employer has not

Customer Question

im attempting to file my tax return and my employer has not done w2's for me since he is sole proprietorand so there substitute documentation that i can submit to show income from the year .Thank you for you expertise
Category: Tax
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. It's too late to get it done in time to file your tax return by Monday's deadline, but you can contact the IRS to request a form 4852. The IRS will contact your employer to ask why the form W-2 was not sent. Form 4852 will be attached to your tax return, but, although it can be downloaded, the return will not be accepted unless you go through the process of contacting the IRS at the usual phone number(###) ###-#### ***** provide them with your name, address, SSN, phone number, and your employer's name, address, and phone number.