emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

I'm just wondering if I will need to pay any taxes. I'm on

Customer Question

I'm just wondering if I will need to pay any taxes. I'm on disability but last year got divorce, and received half of my ex retirement. I placed it in a IRS/SEP/SIMPLE. The original amount was $19730.41 under a 1099-R form. But I have taken money out, received a 1099-R form from the bank, with the amount of $10805.56. The federal tax I paid is $1080.56. Do I need to file?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. What are the distribution codes in box 7 on each form?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
On the paper from Bank it has a 1, and the other one has a Good a
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The other has a G, sorry spell check
Code G means rollover, it is not taxable but code 1 is early distribution. Which means, you will have to file, even if your total income is bellow the filing requirement because of the 10% penalty for early distribution.
Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today? And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.