Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

I have a client that I filed an extension . He

Customer Question

I have a client that I filed an extension for already.
He just found a K-1 that has a Capital of $5600 and wishes to pay additional taxes.
Can I file another extension and pay or pay when we file the return?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no need to file an additional extension. The client can either send in the additional tax with Form 1040-ES or the client can simply wait and pay the additional tax owed when the return is filed. But, the extension remains valid even though the tax may not have been paid in full. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

How can a 1040 ES be sent in if its for 2015.

Wasnt the last 1040 -es to be sent in by 1/15/16?

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
If he sends in the check and designates it is to be applied to taxes for the calendar year ending 2015, the IRS will apply it to last year's tax payments.