Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I am ***** ***** Letson and my husband and kids went to

Customer Question

Hi I am ***** ***** Letson and my husband and kids went to my moms funeral in Greece what is deducted from taxes we also paid for funeral?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My mother was our dependent because her social security check was very low.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately for your situation - funeral expenses may NOT be deducted on your income tax return.Sorry if you expected differently.
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.