Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.

I am the P.O.A. 90 year old aunt who passed away on

Customer Question

I am the P.O.A. for my 90 year old aunt who passed away on January 4th of this year. Do I still have to pay taxes for her?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. Your POA automatically terminated upon your aunt's death and upon her death, you had no further authority under that POA. Upon her death, the executor of her estate takes over all obligations and responsibilities for her and her estate. This would include filing her final individual tax return and administering the estate. You have no further obligations or authority. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!