Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I received BWC compensation work related

Customer Question

***** *****, I received BWC compensation for a work related accident. I never recieved any tax related forms? Is this money taxable income?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
BWC compensation for a work related accident is classified as Workers' Compensation - and Workers' Compensation is specifically excluded from taxable income.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
So that payment is NOT taxable and is NOT reported on your tax return.Let me know if you need any clarification this matter..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.