Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I received BWC compensation work related

Customer Question

***** *****, I received BWC compensation for a work related accident. I never recieved any tax related forms? Is this money taxable income?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 10 months ago.
BWC compensation for a work related accident is classified as Workers' Compensation - and Workers' Compensation is specifically excluded from taxable income.
Expert:  Lev replied 10 months ago.
So that payment is NOT taxable and is NOT reported on your tax return.Let me know if you need any clarification this matter..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.