Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
69500136

If you are self employed and receive a 1095-A my software does

Customer Question

If you are self employed and receive a 1095-A my software does not deduct the amount paid as self employment insurance. It is putting it in schedule A. I would think you should be allowed to deduct premiums directly and not subject to itemizing. Can you verify and send me some IRS documentation that addresses this? Thx
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 7 months ago.
You are correct. What software are you using? I use pro-series...and at the bottom of the page where you enter the 1095-A, there is a place to link it to your schedule C and it gives the correct deduction.