Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I rolled a 401k over from my job to E*Trade and then asked

Customer Question

I rolled a 401k over from my job to E*Trade and then asked them to move half of it to a standard ira....they moved it all. Does this make this taxable?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 7 months ago.
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you.AIs long as the rollover from your 401K to your IRA happened in 60 days or less, then this is not a taxable event. Please see below: https://www.irs.gov/Retirement-Plans/Plan-Participant,-Employee/Rollovers-of-Retirement-Plan-and-IRA-Distributions If you have found my answer to be helpful, please take the moment to rate positive.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge. Thank you for choosing justanswer