Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

Just trying to find a way to lower my tax bill. I own a Texas

Customer Question

Hello. Just trying to find a way to lower my tax bill. I own a Texas S-Corp and file a 1040 (married/joint). Just looking for ways to lower the tax bill before I simply send in the payment. Phone call is not necessary.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. I don't really know where to start, but I do have some suggestions for places to look which are often missed: i) are you eligible for a deductible IRA and if so have you contributed the maximum allowed; ii) since Texas does not have an income tax, you are entitled to deduct all your sales taxes paid...have you added all these up from credit cards, etc.; iii) would it be possible to claim a home office deduction? iv) have you taken full mileage credits for your vehicles for both your business mileage AND charitable miles; v) deducted investment expenses? If you would like to discuss by phone to explore some other ideas, let me know and I can extend that option to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!