Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

Question please; On my Form SSA - 1099... On Box

Customer Question

Question please; On my Form SSA - 1099...
On Box 5 Net Benefits for 2015 , it states
(Box 3 minus Box 4) Foest mean to
deduct the sum stated on box 4 ?
Thank you
Rosari M Baligh
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
Hi Rosari and welcome to our site!You should receive a Form SSA-1099 showing in box 3 the total social security benefits paid to you. Box 4 will show the amount of any benefits you repaid in 2015.Use the Social Security Benefits Worksheet in these instructions to see if any of your benefits are taxable.See page 30 in instructionshttps://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdfReport the total amount from box 5 of your Form SSA1099 - and report it on line 20a form 1040The taxable portion of your social security benefits is determined in separate worksheet and reported on line 20b.Questions?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you!
R. B.
Please note that I do not want your monthly
service. Please delete my Credit Card number.
Expert:  Lev replied 7 months ago.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues..I will inform the customer service to cancel your subscription.