Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I filed my tax return using Turbo Tax, and I'm not sure it

Customer Question

I filed my tax return using Turbo Tax, and I'm not sure it was accurate. On 1040A, the printed form doesn't show my Social Security benefit, nor my pension and annuities.
The return was already submitted to IRS, electronically. How can I find out if a mistake(s) was made?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.
HelloIf you are looking at the 1040 A and you do not see any amount on lines 12a or 14a then your pension and SS are not reported.Look ate lines 12b and 14b to verify that they have nothing. Those are the taxable lines but the 12a and 14a are required to show the actual mounts received regardless if any is taxable.If these were not reported then you will need to amend.If you tell me your age, filing status and amounts for each income source I will do a quick estimate to compare bot***** *****nes.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded