Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

On form 1099R box #7 has a 7 distribution of its acct Their

Customer Question

On form 1099R box #7 has a 7 distribution of its acct
Their is another box below. It needs a code also, I can't figure what code to use
I transferred money from a TIAA to a Nationwide account. Can you help
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Distribution code in box 7 = "7" - means - Normal distributionThat indicates that distribution is NOT subject to additional early distribution penalty - mainly because of the age of the payee or other circumstances.Let me know what exactly "other box" do you mean?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Right below the box with the 7 is another box it is empty when I try to enter a code I get an error message when I try to send papers.
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
If the box is empty on the form 1099R that was sent to you by the payer - do not enter any code.
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Do exactly as it was reported to you on the form.Let me know what error message do you have..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.