PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.

We have a partner llc - as a owner and the primary sales person

Customer Question

we have a partner llc - as a owner and the primary sales person - i pay myself a commision. should this commisiion be listed on the income statement as a expense. my brother , also a owner is involved in the munufacturing part- should his wages be listed in cost of goods as a expense
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 6 months ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer I'll assist. 1. You should report your commission as an expense. 2. List owner wages outside of cost of goods sold. I like to list them as owner wages to start the expenses after cost of goods sold. Thanks for asking at just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated when you rate my assistance. I'mCustomer