Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I lease a parcel of land (school section) from state of Colorado.

Customer Question

I lease a parcel of land (school section) from state of Colorado. This is for the purpose of mining granite. I pay the state a royalty fee monthly on how much was extracted that month. Do I need to pay the county taxes on extraction amt annually?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 7 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.Possessory interests are subject to ad valorem taxation in Colorado. A possessory interest is defined as a private property interest in government-owned property or the right to the occupancy and use of any benefit in government-owned property that has been granted under lease, permit, license, concession, contract or other agreement. file:///C:/Users/Barb/Downloads/loc82p942009internet.pdfPlease let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb