How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29494
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom has altheizmers and cannot find her W2's retired

Customer Question

My mom has altheizmers and cannot find her W2's for her retired teachers income or her social security income. How do we go about getting this info so that her taxes can be filed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
A return is not considered valid unless it is signed.To sign a tax return for another person generally - you must be Court-appointed, conservator, or other fiduciary. If you are a court-appointed conservator, guardian, or other fiduciary for a mentally or physically incompetent individual who has to file a tax return, sign your name for the individual.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
File Form 56. are instructions might want to ask her physician to sign a statement regarding her health condition - and provide it to the court..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Related Tax Questions