Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

Haven't paid taxes in a few years, never owed any money, just

Customer Question

Haven't paid taxes in a few years, never owed any money, just wondering how i should get back on track?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
HelloYou may not have filed your federal income tax return for this year or previous years. Regardless of your reason for not filing a required return, file your tax return as soon as possible.You said you did not owe but if you were due a refund and you wait to file a return or otherwise claim a refund, you risk losing a refund altogether. An original return claiming a refund must be filed within 3 years of its due date for a refund to be allowed in most instances.The 2012 tax return will close on April 15th 2016. It would need to be file NOW if you are due a refund.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there anyway i can file for an extension?
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
You can file an extension for 2015 but there is no requesting an extension for a return that is late already.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!