emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I have a condo 90 miles from my home that I want to convert

Customer Question

I have a condo 90 miles from my home that I want to convert to business use (not rental property) for my self-employment LLC business. Currently, I am claiming home office use but realize I only use it for my business...sleep there when working in that area and it is my business address and office.
What are the tax issues if I convert it to 100% business?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.
Hi Gail. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.Using the condo to sleep there when working in the area will not qualify for business. The condo would have to meet the same tests as your home office: it would have to be used regularly and exclusively for business related activities. Not just for sleep over.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today? And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you