Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations

I got a check from The United States Treasury Tax's

Customer Question

I got a check from The United States Treasury for 2012 Tax's and it seems large - I verified the check through IRS but it seems to good to be true. I deposited the check to see if the bank could validate but i intend to not spend any of this until i can figure it out.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Was that check expected? = means did you expect any refund for 2012?If that refund is based on any changes made by the IRS - you must have a letter with explanation is a week or so,
Expert:  Lev replied 6 months ago.
Another sway to verify - order your tax account transcript for 2012 - and the amount of refund should be listed there.You may also contact the IRS and verify - the phone number _1_800_829_1040_ please be prepared to wait...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.