Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

My name is ***** *****. My brother is getting SS disability

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. My brother is getting SS disability income in the amount of $15,600. And he won $7000 off a lottery ticket. Does he have to pay any taxes?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What else do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.
HelloIf you brother is under 65 then the amount that requires he file is $10300. His SSDI is not taxable unless half his SSDI and all his other income was $25000.He does not meet the requirement to file so unless they withheld tax on the winnings he does not have to file and no tax to pay.Tell him congratulations!!You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 7 months ago.
Checking to see if you responded