Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor

If I have expenses outside of my S-Corp K-1 where do I

Customer Question

If I have expenses outside of my S-Corp K-1 where do I list that on my tax return? ON the schedule A or on the schedule E page 2.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 months ago.
HelloAn owner-shareholder-employee of an S corporation can take the deduction for unreimbursed employee business expenses. This would be claimed on Schedule A. Personal business expenses are not the same as expenses that are costs the company incurs in the operating of its business.If you paid expenses that your S corporation should claim, the proper way to handle the items you have paid is to have the corporation reimburse you for the amounts you paid.If you do not submit the expenses for the S corporation to pay you back, you cannot deduct those payments at either level -- the business or on your personal tax return.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.