emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor

I'm self employed and my spouse works . When I travel

Customer Question

I'm self employed and my spouse works for me. When I travel for business and my spouse accompanies me, are the travel expenses 100% or 50% deductible?
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. It depends if your spouse has a business reason to be there. If you are taking her just to keep you company or entertain your guests, than you can only deduct expenses as if you traveled alone. For instance you can deduct 100% of hotel room or car rental but only your portion of air fare.
I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today? And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.